Citizenship, Legal Status, and the State in the MENA Region
Deadline: January 15, 2020
The Arab Political Science Network (APSN) is pleased to announce a Call for Applications from PhD students and early-career academics for its annual Research Development Workshop to be held on June 5, 2020 in collaboration with the Asfari Institute for Civil Society and Citizenship at the American University in Beirut. This year’s workshop will focus on Citizenship, Legal Status, and the State in the MENA Region. We welcome research related to the workshop theme, including on topics such as:
● The impact of citizenship policies on the rights of women and/or minorities
● Statelessness and rights of non-citizens
● Emigrant rights
You can find more information HERE.
Eligibility and Application Requirements:
• PhD Students and Faculty Members with priority to scholars based in Arab countries;
• Applications must be submitted electronically via this FORM by January 15, 2020, and include:
1. Updated CV / Resume.
2. A 500-word abstract, in Arabic or English, summarizing the work-in-progress and outlining the core research question(s), methodology and empirical evidence that the paper will use.
Successful applicants will be contacted in early February, and final papers should be submitted by May 15, 2020. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Dr. Lama Mourad at email@example.com.